Private Company Boards of Directors
ABA works with Private Company Board of Directors in ensuring that the need for proper and formalized governance processes does not surpass the expectations that the board create a higher level of value then just oversight. Most Shareholders, Board Members and Executive Team members of private companies expect their Fiduciary Boards to not only provide a high degree of accountability through a disciplined governance process but also take a proactive role in helping to guide the strategy and future growth initiatives of the organization. ABA has worked with many companies that struggle with how to balance the need to focus on the fiduciary requirements of the board and the strategic needs of the organization. ABA works with Private Company Boards of Directors on issues regarding:
- How can we build efficiencies into our current board processes to reduce the amount of time that the executive team and board members are spending on managing the board process while increasing the the impact of the board?
- How can we optimize the time that we have in our board meetings to ensure that we focus on key strategic initiatives while fulfilling proper Governance requirements?
- How can we leverage the board members as a leadership development tool for our executive team?
- How can we implement efficiencies into our committee processes in order to spend more time focused on strategic discussions in our board meetings?
- How can we implement a scalable process to engage our board members expertise in between the meetings?
- How can we implement an objective, powerful and unique board succession strategy that will consistently keep our board generating high impact for our shareholders?
- How can we optimally engage our board members on strategic issues that are most beneficial to the company?
- How can we implement an objective and metrics based evaluation process to ensure that the board is outperforming the expectations of the shareholders?
- What kind of training can we provide to enhance our board members skills in order to make them board leaders and not just board members or managers?
With ABA’s proprietary technology, tools and experience we can help your organization optimally design and enhance your board processes with the proper balance of strategic and governance focus. This will allow the Executive Team to “leverage” the board to accelerate the organization’s business model for the benefit of the shareholders. By utilizing our unique system our Private Company Board clients optimize and enhance their current board process and realize much greater impact (as much as 9x ROI on the board) while spending as much as 30% less time working on their board processes.