Foundation, Government and Nonprofit Boards
At ABA we have worked with many boards that have a unique purpose that goes far beyond distribution of profits to the owners or managers. While these types of boards may have a higher purpose that benefits many constituents the Boards of Foundations, Government Entities and Nonprofits still should be focused on generating High Impact in order to increase their social impact. This is especially important for these types of organizations since many times the board members are volunteering their time, expertise and even “contributing” to the organization.
The passion that these board members initially have in the missions of these organizations can quickly erode if established board practices do not generate engagement for the board members who are serving on the board and impact for the organization. ABA has applied our High Impact Board System within these types of organizations which aims to drive greater engagement, transparency and accountability which quickly leads to a level of impact that most organizations did not think was possible. We have helped organizations work through the following high level issues:
- How do we consistently generate high impact and engagement for our board members which will entice them to proactively look for opportunities for the organization?
- How can we optimize the time that we have in our board meetings to ensure that we focus on key strategic initiatives while fulfilling proper Governance requirements?
- How can we build efficiencies into our current board processes to reduce the amount of time that the executive team and board members are spending on managing the board process while increasing the the impact of the board?
- How can we leverage the board members as a leadership development tool for our executive team?
- How can we implement a scalable process to engage our board members expertise in between the meetings?
- How can we optimally engage our board members on strategic issues that are most beneficial to the organization?
- How can we implement efficiencies into our committee processes in order to spend more time focused on strategic discussions in our board meetings?
- How can we implement an objective, powerful and unique board succession strategy that will consistently keep our board generating high impact for our shareholders?
- How can we implement an objective and metrics based evaluation process to ensure that the board is outperforming the expectations of our stakeholders?
- What kind of training can we provide to enhance our board members skills in order to make them board leaders and not just board members or managers?